Australia Day Lure Awards 2024
Its on again in 2024 - Australia's Richest, most exciting and prestigious lure making awards.
Get your idea in to Matt and start now on your Entry for 2024!
Idea submissions are required so there are no double ups on ideas.
Read all Rules please.
The Brief – To create a timber fishing lure with a unique Aussie theme for Australia Day. Be creative, be unique, be original, think Aussie.
This is your opportunity to come up with a unique idea then test your skills by bringing the idea to life in timber, then getting it to swim. Once you know it works, then paint and finish it to really bring it to life.
The three criteria for the awards are
1. the Aussie idea
2. the execution, and
3. the swim action.
1. Australian residents Only
2. One Entry Only per person
3. Lure body must be primarily wood, with two or more sets of single, double or treble hooks. Maximum weight 250g (castable)
4. Lure must have a swimming action - and it will be swim tested
5. Lure must have an Australian theme and be G rated (family friendly)
6. Lure ideas to be submitted to Matt by messenger or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and be approved - to ensure there are no double ups on ideas. Watch all four previous Awards videos, for what has already been done. You can revist ideas from previous years, but the impact may be lessened.
7. Entries cannot be Shown or shared on any form of social media until after the Awards presentation. Entries are to remain anonymous to not affect any judging or voting. The makers will be revealed only in the Awards Presentation video.
8. Entries to be posted in to Barambah Lures for testing and filming. Posting Window will be from 8th to 12th January 2024. Entries must be received by Mon 15 th January. To give time for Filming, judging and voting to take place before Australia Day Announcement of Winners.
Post to Matt Fraser
Parcel Collect 10156 52833
Shop 77, 358 Mains Road
Sunnybank QLD 4109
Please post entry in a Cardboard Box, not a padded bag, to reduce chances of damage. Entries will be posted back within 10 days of end of competition, please add $10 cash to cover return postage.
9. Each entry requires - A - Your Name, B - Lure Name, C - Brand (if you have one), and D - short story about the lure idea/background. 80 words or less
10. Judging in 2024 will be done by a panel of 10 judges, made up of members from the Fishing Media, Lure Collecting and and Lure Makers.
There will also be a people's choice awards based on public voting on social media.
The Voting Video for people's choice award will drop around the 24rd Jan 2024 on Social Media. Voting will be on a 3,2,1 system. The voting video can be shared, but lure makers are not to reveal publicly which lure is their entry.
The Winners will be announced Australia Day 26th January 2024 around 4pm.
PRIZES - Winner $350 Cash plus Trophy, Runner Up $150 Cash plus Trophy
Lure Makers Lucky Draw – Supported by Glenlyon Dam Tourist Park
Voters Lucky Draw - $100 Barambah Voucher
MORE SPONSORS WELCOME!
Barambah Lures proudly supports Australian Timber Lure Making Talent by hosting the Australia Day Lure Awards
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.